Smart Home Technology Guide
In this guide, learn about the smart home devices offered on the EFI Wholesale Marketplace and how they help create efficient, safe, and comfortable homes.
What is a Smart Home
Officially, a smart home is "a home equipped with lighting, heating, and electronic devices that can be controlled remotely by phone or computer" - all of which help you create a safer, more convenient, and more efficient home.
Types of Smart Home Devices
- Security Cameras - allows you to check on the home and loved ones from anywhere, at any time, using your phone. Connect to the app to get alerts if activity is detected or enjoy 24/7 live streaming and recording.
- Smart Thermostats - makes it easy to save energy by learning your behavior, automatically turning down when you're away, and offering control of your thermostat from anywhere.
- Smart Door Locks - eliminates the hassle of keys and allows you to unlock the door as you approach, or from anywhere using your phone.
- Home Assistants - works with your smart home devices and allows you to control them with the sound of your voice
Smart security cameras are the ultimate security solution, allowing you to keep an eye on the home at all times. They use advanced video and audio to capture every detail, send alerts to your phone if activity is detected, and have an app that lets you access live surveillance from anywhere.
Indoor and Outdoor Cameras for Every Need
Surveillance may be about the serious business of keeping a watchful eye on your home, but can also be a simple solution for checking in on pets or loved ones while you're away. Regardless of your needs, both indoor and outdoor smart security cameras offer wireless connectivity and remote access. Built-in microphones and sensors are used to detect activity, and if something occurs, you get an alert sent to your phone right away.
Both our indoor and outdoor security cameras share the following features:
- Motion and sound detection - to monitor your home's activity
- Alerts - sent to your phone or email if something occurs (including key footage from the event)
- HD video - to clearly capture every detail (even in the dark)
- Speaker and mic - to listen and talk back
- Footage storage - conveniently store footage in the cloud to access any time
Smart thermostats are loaded with features that make it easy to save energy and money. They eliminate confusing programming, adapt to your preferred heating and cooling schedule, can be controlled from anywhere using a smart phone, and so much more.
- Learning ability - to automatically adjust settings based on your personal preferences and schedule
- Occupancy sensing & geofencing - to automatically turn down temperatures to save energy when no one is home
- App alerts - to get helpful reminders and notifications sent to your phone if something is not quite right such as an abnormally high temperature
- Reports - to show you how much energy you've used and teach you how to use less
In an age where we can start our cars remotely from indoors, fiddling with keys at the front door while juggling groceries seems silly. Smart locks are secure, key-free deadbolts that are connected, convenient, and increase home safety. They allow you to unlock your door from anywhere, give access to guests, lock and check your door status with your voice, and eliminate numerous little hassles.
- No keys required - lock and unlock with the touchscreen display, your phone, or your voice
- No more worries - about losing your keys, hide-a-keys for guests, or whether you remembered to lock the door (the app will remind you)
- Secure, safe, and tamper-free - when connected to the app, and you can get alerts every time the door is locked and unlocked so you know who comes and goes
Home assistants (or smart speakers) connect to your smart home devices so you can control them with the sound of your voice. They also play music, provide answers from Google, and give you hands free help around the house. For example, you can ask your home assistant to turn the thermostat up, play your favorite playlist, or what time the pharmacy opens. Smart speakers come in a variety of sizes, all sharing the following features and benefits:
- Simple style meant to blend into any room
- Powerful speakers so you can listen to music, audiobooks, news, and more
- Get help with your schedule, calls, shopping list, and traffic updates
- Compatible with over 5,000 smart home devices including thermostats, lighting, and home security