Kidde Battery Operated Wireless Interconnect Smoke Detector Alarm, 0919-9999
This Kidde battery-operated wireless smoke alarm allows for easy installation of an interconnected smoke alarm system without the high cost and hassle of rewiring your home. The alarms are wirelessly linked so that if one alarm is triggered, all alarms will sound.
- Battery-operated smoke detector (batteries included)
- Battery power enables homeowners to install interconnected alarms without rewiring
- Smart touch button quickly and temporarily silences nuisance alarms
- Wireless alarm can be installed in a detached workshop or shed
- Low battery indicator will chirp in the event of a low battery
- 10-year limited warranty
Experts recommend interconnected alarms, because when one sounds, they all sound, providing an early warning against fire by dramatically increasing your ability to hear an alarm anywhere in your home, regardless of where the fire starts. Newer homes are required by code to have interconnected alarms. Wireless technology now enables any home to have an interconnected system. This alarm uses ionization sensing technology. Ionization sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Photoelectric sensing alarms may detect visible particles (associated with smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms. Kidde strongly recommends that both ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms be installed to help insure maximum detection of the various types of fire that can occur within the home. 10-year limited warranty and a bilingual user's manual.