Google Nest Protect Battery Smoke and CO Alarm
This Google Nest Protect Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Smart Alarm has state-of-the-art sensors, tests itself automatically, and sends you alerts if something is wrong.
Google Nest Protect also uses a friendly human voice for early warnings and has several convenient and unique smart features, making it the ultimate smoke alarm solution for your home.
- Battery operated model - includes 6 long-life AA batteries
- The split-spectrum smoke sensor detects slow and fast flaming fires
- Highly accurate, 10-year electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor
- Connect to the Google Nest app to silence your alarm using your phone, get alerts, reports, and more
Smart, Sophisticated Smoke and CO Detection
Offering state-of-the-art smoke and carbon monoxide detection, app connectivity, and endless convenient features, Google Nest Protect is the ultimate smoke alarm solution for your home.
Senses Both Fast and Slow Burning Fires
Google Nest Protect uses an advanced Split-Spectrum Sensor to detect a wide range of smoke events, including slow and fast fires.
It works by using two wavelengths of light: one looks for large particles created by slow, smoldering fires while the other looks for smaller particles created by fast, flaming fires.
Accurate CO Detection for 10 Years
Google Nest Protect uses the most accurate type of carbon monoxide sensor available - electrochemical. It also lasts up to a decade to keep your home and family safe.
Friendly Human Voice
Google Nest uses a friendly human voice for early warnings such as a bit of smoke caused by burnt toast. If you have more than one Google Nest Protect Alarm in your home, they all speak (the smoke alarm in the bedroom can tell you there's smoke in the kitchen).
App to Send You Alerts and Notifications
Connect with the Google Nest app to get alerts and safety notifications sent to your phone:
- Alarm alerts (if you're away)
- Low battery alerts (instead of hearing annoying beeps)
- Safety checkup reports (so you know everything is in working order)
You can also use the app to hush your alarm with your phone instead of waving a kitchen towel at it.
Google Nest Protect checks its batteries and sensors over 400 times a day so you don't have to remember to do it. It also uses Sound Check to quietly test its speaker and horn once a month.
Lights Your Way at Night
Net Protect features a bright ring of light that illuminates as you walk underneath it, especially convenient and helpful at night.
Knows the Difference Between Steam and Smoke
Google Nest Protect is the only alarm with Steam Check. It uses custom algorithms and a humidity sensor to look for steam, so you can enjoy a nice, quiet shower.
What the Lights Mean
In addition to voice, Google Nest Protect uses its light ring to communicate. Here's what all the colors mean:
- Green (Nightly Promise): A quick green glow when you turn out the lights means everything is working
- White (Pathlight): A white ring lights your way when you walk underneath (can be controlled or turned off in the app)
- Yellow (Heads Up): Yellow means there's a little bit of smoke, go check on things
- Red (Emergency): When smoke or carbon monoxide reaches dangerous levels, Google Nest sounds the alarm, pulses red, and tells you where the danger is
You'll need the following to enjoy all of Google Nest Protect's features:
- Wi-Fi connection (802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz))
- Phone or tablet with iOS 8 or later, or Android 4 or later
- Free Google Nest account
Installation and Setup
Just Download the App
Download the Google Nest app for installation instructions. After installation, you can set up your Google Nest Protect in just minutes using your iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
What's in the Box
- Google Nest Protect Smoke and CO Alarm (Battery Model)
- Four screws
- User’s guide
- Welcome guide
- Six long-life AA batteries